As mentioned in my first post of the year, I feel like the past couple of years have been hard on me and I’m adamant that this is going to be a better year. This will be the year that turns things around for me. While I definitely have some goals/resolutions that I’m keeping to myself – I thought it’d be fun to share a 20 goals for 2020 type of thing. Smaller goals that y’all can hold me accountable for. Sometimes getting things out of your head – via listing them somewhere – can feel like a weight off your shoulders. I’m going to put a blurb on my calendar to remind myself to come back to this post in three months or so to see how far I’ve gotten. Here I go!
(After typing these out I’m realizing that A LOT of these are home related, but I guess that’s to be expected considering we just moved into this house September 2019.)
- Pay off all of my store credit cards. I have quite a few store cards that I typically use to earn points. I’d use the card and then pay it right off. Well, I let quite a few go towards the end of 2019 and I need to commit to paying those off.
- Build and install picture ledges for the gallery wall in our new house.
- Get, make, or repurpose a dresser for Baby Girl’s room.
- Find/make baskets for the master bathroom.
- Organize the pantry. I have a corner pantry (that I love) but it’s so disorganized and it makes me crazy every time I open it. Right now I’m just trying to be very conscious of where my money is going and the pantry isn’t my top priority.
- Read one book a month.
- Build a shelf for above the washer and dryer.
- Create an artwork/command center.
- Purge Little Man’s toys (with or without him).
- Finish/fix entry walkway outside.
- Host a “Favorite Things” party.
- Send out “new address” mailings (whether it be via letters, postcards, etc.)
- Pack/plan work lunches at least three times a week.
- Stop eating after 9 PM. I feel like anything I eat after 9 PM is just junk anyway. I’m DEFINITELY a “dessert every night” type of girl, but I want to be more mindful about how late I’m eating and just trying to be healthier in general.
- Take my kids to Polar Express at Christmas 2020.
- Have date night with Hubs at least once every two months. Hubs and I have always been the “our kids can go wherever we go” type of parents, but we are realizing that we do need our alone time/time away from the kids every now and then. My mother in law watches my kids throughout the week, so Hubs and I do try to be very mindful about not asking her to watch our kids on the weekend too. She needs a break too. I think even saying one date night a month would be a lot for us. Little Man is six years old already, so trying to go for once a month just seems like too much, too fast. (I know that may sound crazy to some.) We’re going to shoot for once every two months or so and see how that goes.
- Get my x-ray certification for work.
- Shop my closet opposed to buying new things constantly. Also just trying to be more mindful about where my money goes. I don’t need that sweater just because it’s on sale. I don’t need that “whatever” because so and so shared it on Instagram.
- Create something to sell as a side job. I want a Cricut machine so bad! >.<
- Own a Betty Rukus sweatshirt.
What’s your 20 for 2020?