Not My Day

Boy oh boy. You gotta hear about my day on Wednesday.
(I’m finally writing about it today because I think the after effects have finally calmed – lol jk, I’ve just been lazy.)

SO, I get to my mother in law’s house that morning (she watches my son when Hubs and I work), and she tells me she’s not feeling well. (She hadn’t been feeling well since last Saturday, but she really wasn’t feeling well this particular morning). She tells me that she’ll try not to call me, but note that she doesn’t feel well. (Not call me as in “not call me out of work”, not as in “don’t call me, ever”. We text a lot throughout the day as I check on the little guy, but a phone call means serious business.) So I say okay, stop to get some Starbucks and head to work. I’m at work for maybe 10 minutes and I get “the call”. My mother in law just really isn’t feeling well and thinks it’s best if I pick Peanut up, which is totally fine! I call my manager (since she wasn’t in the office yet), tell her what’s going on, and I head out.

When I get to my mother in law’s house, it’s about time for Peanut to eat again but he’s still asleep so I carefully gather his stuff and load him into the car and try to go make a return at Michael’s (which is just down the road). I have another return to make at Marshall’s, but since Peanut woke up while I was at Michael’s I just headed straight home. Well, I get home and I realize my phone has 20% life left and of course my charger is at work. Instead of going all the way back to work, I figure I’ll feed Peanut and then head back out to Target (which is in the same shopping center as Michael’s and Marshall’s – and only about 10 minutes away) and make my return to Target (YES, another return. Don’t judge me.) and buy another charger while I’m there. So I feed Peanut and load him back into the car. I get to Target, get the spare charger and some soup to bring over to my mother in law. I get in line, make my return, and get my new stuff. I get two steps outside of Target and realize I didn’t pay for the belt that I looped around the stroller handle. So I turn around, go back inside, and pay for the belt. No shop lifting! I get back to the van, load Peanut into the van, fold up the stroller and put it away and all that good stuff. I see that my phone is now at 3% life so I grab the charger I just bought and open it up so I can start charging it while I’m sitting in the van. I BOUGHT THE WRONG CORD!!!! UGH!!!! So I bust out the stroller (handling the car seat and the stroller is a work out in itself, by the way), load Peanut back up and head back in to Target for the THIRD time. I get the right cord (that’s $10 more expensive!!!) and a packet of white shirts that I forgot to grab the first two times I was in there. I get back in line – of course it’s the same cashier since there’s only one in the return line – and tell her I’m done, she won’t see me any more today! I get back to the car, plug in my phone, and head over to Marshall’s for my last return of the day.

Marshall’s is literally three minutes from Target but in a separate parking lot so I drove over. My phone made it to about 13% (I sat there in the AC for a few minutes) and decided I was going to be really quick so it’s okay that it wasn’t super charged. Unload Peanut, make a quick run through Marshall’s and what do I find? The exact same charger (brand) except the one at Marshall’s has an extra adapter for less than what I just paid at Target!!!! And the exact same pack of shirts for $4.50 when I just paid $14 at Target. HGJHLJAHGJHA Being the frugal person that I am, you better believe I picked up the charger and shirts from Marshall’s and will be returning the other set to Target – just most definitely not that same day.

I get back in the car and Peanut is due to eat again. I also know that he’s super tired so I want to head straight home, but I have to drop the soup off over at my mother in law’s (she’s not far at all). So I head over and Peanut just starts screaming – poor guy! He was legit crying – and for all those parents out there – you know it’s super stressful when you’re driving and you can’t help your little baby. So I finally get home and settled and think it’s 10 PM. Reality – it’s barely noon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s