Do you ever get a craving for chocolate (that isn’t candy) but don’t feel like baking? No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars to the rescue! The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for them to harden in the fridge. =)
You will need:
1 cup butter
1/2 brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
- Line a 9 inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and sugar in a medium saucepan until smooth (the butter should be completely melted and the sugar dissolved).
- Stir in vanilla and then mix in the oats.
- Spoon half of the mixture into your prepared baking dish, smoothing evenly across the bottom, pressing down.
- For the filling, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds and then stir. Continue until completely melted.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate mixture over the oat mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon the other half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish, pressing gently, and then drizzle the remaining chocolate mixture on top.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours (but overnight is recommended).