On Saturday, Peanut went to his first non-family related birthday party and he had a blast! The party was for my friend’s, M, little boy who turns one today.
(HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE DUDE!)
It was a superhero themed party, so all of the kids were in their various superhero shirts. It was so cute! Peanut went as Batman (he had a cape on too, but you can’t see it in this picture).
He had so much fun! Now that he’s walking, he was allll over the place.
The birthday boy got tons of cool toys!
My friend made this AWESOME cake. Look at this!
Peanut had SO MUCH FUN and was wiped out by the time we got home.
Later that afternoon we went over to my SIL’s house to get the armoire we bought from them (they’re moving and were trying to get rid of it). It’s really going to help us sort stuff out in our guest room and I am SO excited. Then, that evening we went over the Hubs’ parents house to hang out and have dinner with them.
On Sunday, Hubs and I did some major home purging. We got the armoire situatued in its place upstairs and then Hubs went to work getting/sorting all of his hunting stuff into it. That means that now I have closet space to organize other things! While he worked on that, I did the following:
– I FINALLY cleaned out the fridge (It was loooong overdue. I don’t even know when we had chili… so who knows how long that Tupperware was in there?) =\
– I FINALLY got some pictures framed. (Note – I didn’t actually hang them… but they’re framed!)
– I FINALLY wrote down all of the stuff I’m taking to the Goodwill and boxed it up. (FIVE diaper boxes full!) AND I loaded them into the Swagon to get dropped off. No more boxes full of stuff cluttering the upstairs hallway!!!
– We got Peanut’s new car seat* installed – sniffle. He’s growing too fast.
– I did ALL of the laundry (and put it away. Go me!).
– I did ALL of the dishes – which was A LOT after emptying the fridge.
We all (including Peanut) got cleaned up early and were able to actually relax a little.
It was definitely another FULL weekend – fun stuff mixed in with stuff that NEEDED to be done mixed in with relaxation.
That’s success in my book! :]
*Amazon Affiliate link (We got the color called “Splash”.)