Happy New Year!
I hope y’all had a wonderful, safe New Year celebration!
I am SO excited for the new year to be here and I don’t really know why… ha!
Anyway, ten things on my mind at the moment.
1. There are (many) little things that we need to do around the house that I need to focus on this year. They’re not expensive things – all they require is my time, so it’s totally my fault if they don’t get done. (Whew, feeling the pressure!)
2. I really need to start eating better and I’d like to start working out consistently. We had dinner with Hubs’ family this past weekend and I didn’t have a soda! So proud of myself…. except I said, “New year. No soda for me!” as I ate a donut… =\ Ha! I didn’t say I was perfect! It’s a work in progress. :]
3. Peanut will be one year old next Thursday! We are having his birthday party next Saturday and I’m so excited! I ordered his party decor last Wednesday and I reeeeealllly hope it gets here in time. Please oh please!
4. Hubs got me a gel nail kit for Christmas and I used it for the first time last night. It’s pretty much amazing.
5. Hubs and I decided a while ago that we would love to buy some land and build a house. We started talking about it more this past weekend and it’s really made me see how important it is to build our savings and pay down some debt. 2015 will be the year! :]
6. My mom is coming to town next week (for Peanut’s birthday) and I can’t wait. It’s been a while since I’ve seen her! I think the last time she was down was in… April?! Wow. (Your turn to come down Dad!)
7. I’ve finally decided that I’m going to cut my hair! I’ve been trying to grow it out for a while, but I’ve learned that if it’s long, it stays in a ponytail. It’s the perfect excuse for me “not to do my hair”. I know some people love long hair for that fact, but I just don’t feel “put together” if I didn’t do my hair. So, getting it cut short will be a good thing for me. I will HAVE to do my hair, and that’s okay. Deciding HOW I want to cut it is proving difficult though…
8. Speaking of hair cuts… Peanut is getting his first one this weekend! It’s long overdue. He has an appointment scheduled for 10:15 AM tomorrow morning.
9. I hope I don’t have a hard time figuring out what’s okay and what’s not okay to give to Peanut as far as “table food”. I also wonder if the doctor’s will put him on whole milk since he’s so little? Hm… let’s hope this transition goes well!
10. I have a lot to do this weekend so I better leave this list and go make another list so I don’t forget anything. :]
*Amazon Affiliate link